#Book1CoziesClub: My Thoughts on Murder in the Mystery Suite (Book Retreat Mystery #1)

Murder in the Mystery Suite Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read for #Book1CoziesClub. This one is hovering between 3.5 and 4 for me, but I'm rounding up.

I enjoyed this one and really want to attend a book retreat now. It definitely sounded like a lot of fun, minus the murder of course. The story surprised me with a second story line that I wasn't expecting and on retrospect, the last half of the book was more about that second story line than the book retreat which took away from the story for me. Of course with first books, there's always the setup that we need to get through so hopefully now that all that has been laid out for us, the next one will be smoother.

The only thing that bothered me about this book was the fact that the author kept mentioning Aunt Octavia's weight, in what I wouldn't consider nice references. There would be the mention of how much they loved her or something to that effect after the mention, however to me it came across like they were trying to make a statement then trying to make it ok because following statement. It just left a bad impression on me and deterred my enjoyment even though I loved Aunt Octavia's character.

I will be continuing the series because it sounds like they have some fun events planned in the future, but I hope that the one thing that bothered me in this book doesn't continue to the others.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer