Books: My Thoughts on Faerie Wars (The Faerie Wars Chronicles #1)

Faerie Wars Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this for #MiddleGradeMay

My daughter read this when she was younger, but I just got around to it. Let's just say that it's been hanging out on our shelf at home for a while. This was an enjoyable read but I think if I read it around the time my daughter did, I would've enjoyed it more. Things about Henry's family really irritated me, especially the way they handled the situations that came up. I'm not sure that those things would've bothered me as much if I read this when I was a few years younger.

I listened to a majority of this on audio from my library's offering of RB Digital. The narration for me was just ok. I don't know that I would've lost any of the experience of this story if I had just stuck to a physical copy. We do have the subsequent novels on our shelf, and I will read them eventually.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer