Books: My Thoughts on The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström #1)

The Ice Princess The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read this for #MarchMysteryMadness

This book took me on a very interesting journey. It was a much slower paced mystery than what I thought it would be. The investigation seemed very leisurely. Everything kind of seemed to unravel at its own pace, which was refreshing for me. Things were wrapped up nicely in the end as well.

The long nature of the chapters in this book (there are only 6), made it very hard to switch back and forth between the physical book and the audiobook so I stuck with the audiobook and listened to it from Hoopla. Though the narrator did a good job, the British and Irish accents that were used threw me off a bit. I noticed while I was browsing Hoopla that there was a TV series released in Sweden based on this series. I'm very interested to watch it to hear the language.

I will definitely be continuing with this series and look forward to seeing if the investigations continue to be leisurely or if the style picks up pace.

Please note that this book deals with physical abuse, sexual abuse, pedophilia, and suicide.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer