Books: My Thoughts on Origin (Robert Langdon #5)

Origin Origin by Dan Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit that I do enjoy these books, even if they're a bit formulaic and in this particular one, I guessed something about the story pretty early on. This installment held my interest almost until the end, and then I got bogged down by the science in the later part of the book. Once that part passed and we headed towards the end, the story renewed my interest.

I was expecting that we'd find the world in the aftermath of the occurrences in Inferno, but I didn't find that at all. I don't think it was even mentioned, unless I really missed something. This book discusses some pretty highly controversial topics, so I think it's something to consider before starting this book.

I did listen to a majority of this book in audio and enjoyed the narration. I'm not usually one to pick up a book immediately upon it's release, but after Inferno, I was curious about this one. Though it wasn't what I expected, I did enjoy it quite a bit.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer