Books: My Thoughts on The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire & Thorns #1)

The Girl of Fire and Thorns The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was not what I expected it to be, but that's what I get for not reading a synopsis before going in. I especially wasn't prepared for it to have a religious tone to it. It's not preachy (at least I didn't feel like it was), but I felt a little on edge the whole way through wondering if it was going to get preachy. The atmosphere was interesting, a few things happened that I wasn't expecting, but for the most part, this story did not grab me.

Thankfully this installment did end with a bit of finality. I am comfortable thinking on this as a stand alone. That being said, there is still a possibility I will continue with the next volume in the future. As of right now though, I am satisfied with where things left off and will be moving on to something else for the time being.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer