Books: My Thoughts on Night Film

Night Film Night Film by Marisha Pessl
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have to say that I am disappointed in this book. I heard so many great things but for me, this was just ok. I didn't find it suspenseful in the least. Maybe it's because I read so many mysteries that this wasn't as intriguing for me? Maybe I just don't understand what the point of this was? Whatever the case, this story didn't grab me at all, I wasn't attached to any of the characters, and will probably never think about this book again.

I would say that the character of Hopper was probably the one I was interested in the most. I did enjoy the articles, documents, and pictures that are spread throughout the book. That made the read more entertaining for sure, but not enough for me to say that I liked this book as a whole.

Truthfully, if I were the type to DNF books, I probably would've DNFd this one. I kept reading because I thought maybe there was something revealed at the end of this that would redeem the hours that I put into reading this story. Unfortunately that wasn't the case for me. Again, maybe I completely missed the point or the point just didn't wow me like it should've, but this ended up being just ok for me.

I will give the author's other book a shot to see if maybe that one sits with me better, but this one just left me disappointed.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer