Books: My Thoughts on The Forgotten Girls (Louise Rick #4)

The Forgotten Girls The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I decided to pick up this book because it was Barnes & Noble's Serial Read offering for the month. I had no idea it was the fourth book in a series! That being said, I didn't have any trouble nor did it ever dawn on me that I was in the middle of a series.

Please note that this book does touch on the subjects of rape and mental illness. The story drew me right in, but I knew immediately that I would need to borrow a copy of the audiobook version to help me accustom myself with the pronunciation of names and such.Once I became familiar with the pronunciation, I should've read exclusively from print. I definitely do not recommend the audiobook version because I'm pretty sure the accents are not right. I picked up an American Southern accent and an Irish accent I think, which kind of made the the backdrop of the book disappear for me. I'm not entirely sure the pronunciation was right, but I hope it was.

Other than that bit of confusion, the case was very interesting and it kept me wondering what would happen next. Towards the end, I found myself thinking about the story when I wasn't reading it, which is a good sign. I did pick up on little clues as to the end but not until the last quarter of the story. Even then, how it eventually played out was a complete surprise.

We got a bit of backstory on Louise, which I appreciated. It seems like we're going to get more hopefully in the next book, as a tidbit to her past was dropped at the end of this installment. I look forward to reading more of the author's work in the future!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections