Books: My Thoughts on Homicide in Hardcover (Bibliophile Mysteries #1)

Homicide in Hardcover (Bibliophile Mystery #1)Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis (from Goodreads): The streets of San Francisco would be lined with hardcovers if rare book expert Brooklyn Wainwright had her way. And her mentor wouldn't be lying in a pool of his own blood on the eve of a celebration for his latest book restoration.

With his final breath he leaves Brooklyn a cryptic message, and gives her a priceless and supposedly cursed copy of Goethe's Faust for safekeeping.

Brooklyn suddenly finds herself accused of murder and theft, thanks to the humorless, but attractive, British security officer who finds her kneeling over the body. Now she has to read the clues left behind by her mentor if she is going to restore justice….


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆ ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

I really enjoyed this one. The tidbits about the books restoration were very interesting and the main character has a background that was new to my reading experiences. I didn't know the culprit until the reveal. This installment also comes equipped with a villainous nemesis for our main character, who I particularly despise. I'm interested to see what becomes of that character as the series continues.

Read as part of the First in a Series Cozy Mystery Book Club #Book1CoziesClub

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer