Books: BookTubeaThon TBR

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that I will be participating in the BookTubeaThon next week. I don't have time to film and edit a video at the moment, so I decided to put together a blog post instead. BookTubeaThon will run from July 18-24 and it was the very first readathon I participated in after starting to watch BookTube. I'm pretty excited! Anyway, let's get into the details.

There are seven challenges for the readathon that you can endeavor to accomplish. I will list them and what I will be planning to read for each challenge after the break.

Challenge 1: Read a book with yellow on the cover.


I will be reading Yowamushi Pedal Omnibus Volume 1. I recently completed both seasons of the anime and it's movie and found it very enjoyable. While I'm waiting for the next season, I thought I'd check out the manga to tide me over.

Challenge 2: Read a book only after sunset
Challenge 4: Read a book by a favorite author



As I do with almost all the readathons I participate in, I'm combining challenges. For these two challenges, I decided to read a book by Victoria Laurie. She has become a favorite author over the last couple years. I finished reading her Ghost Hunter Mystery series this year, so I thought I'd start in on her Abby Cooper series. I read the first book in this series a couple years ago, but I loved the Ghost Hunter Mystery series so much that I stuck with that one instead. I plan on reading the second book in this series on Saturday during the #SaveOurCozies Readathon, which means for the BookTubeaThon, I plan on reading the third book in the series, A Vision of Murder.

Challenge 3: Read a book you discovered on BookTube



For this challenge, I plan on reading three volumes of the manga Red River. This is a Shojo manga with historical elements that I'm really enjoying. I found out about this on Laura from Manga Hoarder's channel, as it's one of her favorites.Manga are always great to read during readathons for me because it gives me a break from a lot of text and I can get through them rather quickly.

Challenge 5: Read a book that's older than you



For this challenge, I plan on reading A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters. This is the first book in the Brother Cadfael series. I picked up a bunch of the books in this series up from a library book sale a while ago and haven't read any of them. At less than 200 pages, this makes a great book for a readathon.

Challenge 6: Read a book then watch it's movie adaptation



For this challenge, I chose Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. Technically the adaptation I have is a mini-series, but I'm going to count it as a movie. I adore the Sullivan Entertainment production of this story, but I've never read the book! I picked up the Puffin Classics Edition from my first Book Outlet Haul and thought it was finally time to get this one read. Plus, I've been wanting to re-watch this mini-series for a while so double plus. This book is older than me as well, so if time gets short and I'm not able to get to Brother Cadfael, this will also count for challenge 5.

Challenge 7: Read 7 books

If I manage to complete all the books I listed above, I'll have read seven books. If not, I will probably be adding in some manga since I have a stack out from the library currently.

Will you be participating in this readathon? Let me know! I hope you are all doing great.

Until Next Time, Take Care & Smi-Le Always,

    ^
(   "   )
/___\     Di




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer