Books: My Thoughts on The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia #1 by C.S. Lewis)

The Magician's Nephew The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For a 200 page book, this really took me way to long to finish. I am glad that we decided to read the series in chronological order as opposed to publication order. This book would've felt out of place for me if we had done the latter.

This story was very slow going for me and I kept questioning what importance it had in regards to the series as a whole. The vocabulary was confusing at times and the story itself was very choppy for me. It did have its moments though, especially in regards to what happens to Uncle Andrew.

After Aslan appeared, the story picked up for me and everything started to piece itself together in my mind. Though this wasn't as enjoyable as I expected it would be, I'm glad to have finally started this series and to get to the next book soon.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections