Books: My Thoughts on Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown

Red Rising (Red Rising, #1)Red Rising by Pierce Brown

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Truthfully this is somewhere between 3.5 and 4 stars for me. I'm going to be honest and say that I really did not start enjoying this book until the half way mark. The very beginning was interesting, but I lost interest after the first 7 chapters. It really wasn't until the plan was starting to be put into action did I start to become invested in the story.

As I read, I had a hard time remembering that the book is supposed to take place on Mars, as the scenery reminds me of Scotland. Probably didn't help that I also listened to a chunk of this on audiobook and the narrator has a slight Scottish accent. That actually helped with the appeal of the story for me, so not a complaint at all.

I will be continuing with the series and am interested to see how Darrow's strategy plays out in the next installment.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer