Books: My thoughts on NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

NOS4A2 NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a few hours since I've finished the book and still have no idea what to say about it.This was a very interesting read, and my first from Joe Hill. I started this on audiobook, but around the halfway point I had to switch to ebook because listening to the vulgar language bothered my ears. Listening to vulgar language is a very different experience for me than reading it and I found that listening to it was taking away from my enjoyment of this story. I am very glad that I switched over because if I hadn't, I might've had to put this book aside.

We start with Vic at seven or eight years old and her first experience with The Shorter Way Bridge. After this initial meeting, we always skip past a few years before we meet up with Vic again, until she grows into an adult. I think the next time we catch up with her is when she's 12, then 17 and so forth. Each time we meet back up with Vic, things have happened to her which molds her into the woman she has become. Though we get glimpses as to what those things were, that's all they were I feel. Being the hunker of a book that this was, I would've preferred more backstory in these areas.

Charles Manx - I was amazed by this character. So much like a child himself, but such a great villain. For a while, I was scratching my head wondering what was going on with him and then as we piece together everything and what importance his Rolls Royce Wraith has, that just made the story for me. I had a predication regarding his license plate before I started this book, and I was very pleased to find out that I was right in a sense.

Some other characters I enjoyed were Lou and Maggie Leigh. There was just a lovable quality about both of them. I'm still not sure how I feel about the very end of this book. **Spoiler (highlight to view) [I don't understand how Lou ends up with Hutter. I personally think the end would've been so much better without them getting together. Not that I don't believe Lou deserved someone, but why Hutter! UGH] Leading up to the very end though, I thought the story was action packed and full of excitement.

I thought this was a highly entertaining read and I am looking forward to reading more by Joe Hill in the future. Gonna go listen to some Christmas music now (*⌒▽⌒*)θ~♪



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer