Knitting: Go Mi Nam - School Spirit Edition


My daughter has been a part of her high school marching band for the last three years, and this year is her final year. Usually during their tournaments, the parents and family in the audience are dressed in spirit wear. I made a scarf during her freshman year and this year, I decided on a hat.

The pattern I used was my own, a take on a hat I saw in the Korean Drama You're Beautiful staring Jang Geun Suk and Park Shin Hye. The original hat was done in one color, but I decided to try my hand at the two-color brioche technique here. It took me a couple of tries to get the join right, but in the end, it came out great!

The band performed their first tournament this past weekend and were awesome, especially for it being their first time out of the gate this season. They were awarded Superior with Distinction, which I believe is the highest score you could be awarded.


As with most music programs, fundraising is imperative for the survival of the program. I am planning on selling a this hat in a variety of color combos to help raise funds for my daughter's high school band program soon in my Etsy store. Keep an eye out here for an announcement post once those hats go up for sale.

Hope you are all doing great!

Until next time, Take Care and Smi-Le Always!

    ^ 
(   "   )
/___\   Di

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer