Book Blurb: Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood #1) by Ann Charles

Nearly Departed in Deadwood Nearly Departed in Deadwood by Ann Charles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Listened to this on audiobook from Hoopla through my library. This reminded me a lot of Charlaine Harris' Aurora Teagarden series, especially with the realtor aspect of the story. I do think this was a bit more enjoyable though. There were several times where I found myself laughing out loud at some of the dialogue.

There were a few things that I did not enjoy though. The narrator sounded almost computer generated during much of the story, which bothered me a bit. **Spoiler (highlight to view) [I personally thought that Violet should be stronger disciplining her children, especially her daughter who seemed to defy her at every turn and was persistently asking why she couldn't do something. And last but not least, Violet's co-worker who constantly harassed her. No one did anything to stop him or say anything, and she didn't do anything more than flip him the bird. I'm hoping that changes in the future installments.]

I will definitely be continuing this series in the future.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer