Book Blurb: The Wrath and the Dawn

The Wrath and the Dawn The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this! I was familiar with the premise of A Thousand and One Nights before diving in, but have not actually read it. I did start this on audio and am very thankful I did, as it helped with pronunciation of names and terms. I also had Scheherazade by Rimsky-Korsakov playing in the background while reading, which really helped create an ambiance for the novel.

Of course the question is why the wives are killed each night, but I figured out part of the reason very early on in the story. That did not detract from my enjoyment of this story though, and I think the full reveal was perfect. Also I think there might be a misconception that our male lead is a villain, though I feel it's clearly stated on the book jacket that he is not what he seems.

One thing that I do have issue with is that I did not realize this was going to be the first in a series going in! That being said, I don't feel like the end of this book was a huge cliffhanger and I am at peace waiting for the next one to come out.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer