Books: Underrated Books (Monthly Recommendations)

I recently joined the new Goodreads Group Monthly Recommendations created by BookTubers Kayla Rayne and Trina from Between Chapters where we are recommending books around a different theme every month. This month's theme is Underrated Books. As we close in on Halloween, I thought it to be the perfect time to recommend to you not a single book, but one of my favorite series over the last year. I'm talking about the Ghost Hunter Mystery Series by Victoria Laurie.


If you like cozy mysteries with a little spook, I think you'll enjoy this series. Some of the books in the series are more spooky than others, but they were all entertaining to me. I don't think many people know about this series so I thought it would be a great one to recommend! I do not remember how I was introduced to this series at all, but I do know that the first book in the series, What's a Ghoul to Do?, was added to my TBR shelf on January 1, 2012 (Thanks Goodreads!). It wasn't until March 2013 when I discovered the books at my library while browsing. I wasn't actively looking for them, but the first five books were available so I decided to jump right in. Over the next 11 months, I consumed all 9 books that are currently out in the series.

The series is about a gifted spiritual medium MJ and her gay best friend and business partner Gilley (he's awesome by the way), as they build their business helping to rid places of evil spirits and helping other spirits to cross over. Think Ghostbusters meets Ghost Whisperer. Each book is a new case and takes you to a different destination. I believe you can read them out of order though I did not. My favorites were book 5 Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls and book 7 What a Ghoul Wants because well, they were set in Ireland and Scotland for one, o(〃^▽^〃)o but the cases were exciting as well. Book 7 would be one that I considered more spooky than the others also.

I really hope you check this series out and if you do, please let me know! I would love to discuss these books with you ゚・✿ヾ╲(。◕‿◕。)╱✿・゚ Let me know if you have an underrated book you think I should know about!

Until next time, Take Care and Smi-Le Always

    ^
(   "   )
/___\

Image credit goes to Ashlee' s Books-Oh How I LOVE You♥ Board on Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer