Book Blurb: Darklight and Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange Trilogy #2 & #3) by Lesley Livingston


I finished these two books recently, and instead of doing separate reviews, I thought I would combine them. I listened to the entire series on audiobook, which was narrated by the author. I listened to the first installment, Wondrous Strange, in 2011 and did not continue reading the series until last month. I am not usually one to start a series unless all the books are out (or close to being out) and I have access to all the books. I admit that I do not do well with cliffhangers and having to wait. I am the same way with my Korean Dramas.

This was a rare situation for me as, I had only access to the first installment at the time I started the series.I liked the first book and the ending did not leave me with an urgent need to seek out the next installment, which was great considering my situation. I found that the series was available on Scribd recently and I decided to finish it. 

As with the first book, Darklight was also enjoyable.Nothing specific to point out, just enjoyable. However, when I got to the end, I was like WHAT?!? Major cliffhanger ending. Thank goodness I had access to the next novel immediately. Not to mention that the situation we're left with at the end of book to had me screaming a little on the inside at our main character Kelley.

In our final installment, Tempestuous, I spent a bit of the book still shaking my head at the situation, but it does get resolved and the book does come to a nice conclusion I feel. A little spoiler here, but I thought the author was a little rushed with the love triangle in this installment.  It is hinted at throughout the series, but I feel as though our third wheel should've acted on it in a more obvious way in Darklight as opposed to waiting until Tempestuous.Though it was clear to me as a reader that he had feelings for her, Kelley apparently had no idea whatsoever *facepalm* Other than that, this was another enjoyable read/listen.

Each of the books received 3 stars from me on Goodreads.

PopSugar Reading Challenge 2015: A book with a one-word title and A book with a love triangle, check check!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer