The Spirit of the Season

I was on Instagram yesterday and noticed the #getyouryarnwishesgranted hashtag going around. It was amazing how many wishes were granted and I believe it had all started just that morning or maybe the night before. Most of the wishes I saw were for yarns from indie companies, hand dyed/hand spun, sock yarn or a combination of these. 

I wanted to find at least one wish to grant but they were being scooped up so quickly that the only wishes left were for yarns that were completely sold out. I posted my wish for some worsted or chunky weight hand spun yarn, as I have never crafted with it, and had my wish granted shortly after. Not only that, I have a second person sending me some yarn also! I had to find someone to be able to gift something to, so all day I stalked the hashtag and finally found someone who wished for some Knit Picks yarn. 

I also came across a kind of fundraiser for a pattern designer on Ravelry named Deborah aka Obliviousknits. Her wish was to sell enough patterns to help pay her mother's property taxes in February so I purchased her These are the Breaks pattern (pic below). 


If you're on Instagram and crochet, knit, or would just like to help someone in need, please get in on the fun too! If you would like to help out Deborah, you can find her patterns at 50% off on Ravelry at www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/obliviousknits/patterns. If you are so inclined, you can send a monitary donation instead to her Paypal account obliviousknits@gmail.com. 

Just a reminder that you can also follow me on Instagram with the username disis19. I post makeup looks and my knitting or crochet projects there mostly. I hope all of you are having a great holiday season. Take Care and until next time =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer