Books: ...Well, not as much in 2014

For the last couple years I've attempted the 52 books in 52 weeks Challenge, though I usually lower my goal number a bit. I know that 52 is way too high of a number for me. I believe 2011 was my first year participating in the challenge and I was able to read 39 books that year. In 2012 I decided to try to read one more book than I did in 2011, so I made my goal 40 books.  I completed the challenge and read 41 books that year. In 2013 I did even better.  With a goal of 42 books, I read 59!  Now I wanted to be realistic in 2014 so I set my goal for 43 books (one more than the goal the year prior).



As you can see, I will not hit goal this year. Truthfully only 11 of those were actual books. I read a lot of Manga this year. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I was borrowing a lot of them from the library for my daughter to read, and then I'd read them before I returned them.


Another reason I can attribute to not hitting goal is that I was spending way way more time at my office. You can guess that one of my New Year's Resolutions is to not put in so many extra hours at the office.  


I will be attempting the challenge again in 2015 with 43 books. If you are on Goodreads, please friend me!  I'm always looking for more book suggestions and would love to read your reviews.  My profile is here.


If you're a regular reader of my blog or just passing by, I would like to thank you and hope you have an awesome New Year! Stay tuned here for more in 2015 as I continue my adventure in blogging.


Smile Always and until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer